Aadhaar Lock Through SMS: Aadhaar Card is one of the essential and important identity proofs for every citizen. First of all Aadhaar card is necessary for all government works. Be it opening a bank account or taking advantage of any government scheme, getting a passport or getting subsidy on cooking gas cylinders, Aadhaar number is demanded almost everywhere. The Unique Identification Authority of India i.e. UIDAI, the institution that issued the Aadhaar number, also allows locking and unlocking of the Aadhaar card keeping in mind the security of the citizens.
Aadhaar Lock Through SMS
Aadhaar Card users can lock and unlock their Aadhaar number through SMS. After the Aadhaar card is locked, no one will be able to misuse your Aadhaar card information. Through this you can keep your data safe. Before locking your Aadhaar number, you must have a 16 digit Virtual ID (VID number).
How to lock Aadhaar Card by SMS
- To lock Aadhaar Card, you must first type GETOTP
4 or 8 digits of Aadhaar number and send it to 1947.
- After this you will get 6 digit OTP.
- After this, send LOCKUID
4 or 8 numbers of Aadhaar number OTP to 1947 for locking request.
- After this you will get the confirmation message.
How to unlock Aadhaar Card through SMS
To unlock Aadhaar, you need to send UNLOCKUID
How to Lock / Unlock Aadhaar Card through UIDAI website
- Visit the official website of UIDAI- www.uidai.gov.in
- Select My Aadhaar and then click on Aadhaar Services.
- Now click on Lock/Unlock Biometrics.
- After this enter your 12 digit Aadhaar Number and the given captcha code.
- Now click on Send OTP option.
- OTP will come on your registered mobile number. enter the.
- Now you will get the option to Lock/Unlock the biometric data, which you can choose.
- Your biometric data will be locked as soon as you click on the lock button and will be unlocked as soon as you click on the unlock button.
Unique Identification Authority of India
Apart from this, if you have any problem related to Aadhaar! So a number has been issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India! UIDAI’s helpline number is 1947. From Monday to Saturday, you can talk on this number anytime from 7 am to 11 pm. On the other hand, for the problem related to Aadhaar Card, it can be talked about on Sunday from 8 am to 5 am!
Read this also :- 7th Pay Commission DA Hike Update: Salary increased by Rs 27000, money will come directly to the employees’ account