Are you a woman looking to advance your education and career? The AAUW International Fellowships 2023 offer a unique opportunity to do just that. These fellowships are awarded annually to women from all over the world to support their graduate studies in the United States. This post will provide you with all the information you need to know about the AAUW International Fellowships 2023, including eligibility requirements, the application process, selection process, and benefits.
To be eligible for the AAUW International Fellowships 2023, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a citizen of a country other than the United States.
- You must have a valid passport at the time of application.
- You must have completed your undergraduate education by the time of application.
- You must be applying to a full-time graduate program at an accredited U.S. institution for the full academic year.
- You must intend to return to your home country to pursue a professional career after completing your studies in the United States.
Language Proficiency Requirements
- You must have a strong command of English. This can be demonstrated through either TOEFL or IELTS scores.
The application process for the AAUW International Fellowships 2023 is as follows:
- August 1, 2022: Application opens
- November 15, 2022: Deadline for submission of applications and all supporting documents
- April 15, 2023: Notification of decisions sent to all applicants
The application components for the AAUW International Fellowships 2023 include:
- The personal statement should provide an overview of your academic and professional background, as well as your motivation for pursuing graduate studies in the United States.
- It should also describe your proposed course of study and how it aligns with your long-term career goals.
Letters of Recommendation
- You must submit three letters of recommendation from individuals who can speak to your academic and/or professional abilities.
- You must submit transcripts for all post-secondary education you have completed.
CV or Resume
- You must submit a current CV or resume.
Tips for a Successful Application
To increase your chances of success, consider the following tips:
- Start early and give yourself plenty of time to prepare your application materials.
- Tailor your personal statement and letters of recommendation to the specific fellowship for which you are applying.
- Choose your recommenders carefully and provide them with ample time to write their letters.
- Be sure to follow all application instructions carefully.
The selection process for the AAUW International Fellowships 2023 is highly competitive and includes the following steps:
Review of Applications
- After the application deadline, a committee of scholars and professionals will review all complete and eligible applications.
- Applications will be evaluated based on academic achievement, proposed course of study, motivation and potential for future contributions in the applicant’s field, and likelihood of success in graduate school.
- Semi-finalists will be invited for an interview via video conference.
- The interview will provide an opportunity for the committee to learn more about the applicant’s academic and professional background, as well as their motivations for pursuing graduate studies in the United States.
- After the interviews are completed, the committee will make final decisions on the fellowship awards.
- All applicants will be notified of their status by April 15, 2023.
Benefits of AAUW International Fellowships 2023
The AAUW International Fellowships 2023 offer several benefits to recipients, including:
- The fellowships provide funding for full-time graduate study in the United States.
- The awards range from $18,000 to $30,000 per academic year.
- Funds can be used for tuition, fees, books, living expenses, and travel to professional conferences, seminars, or meetings.
Professional Development Opportunities
- Fellows will have access to a network of AAUW alumni and will be invited to participate in leadership and professional development programs.
- Fellows will also have the opportunity to attend AAUW events and conferences.
The AAUW International Fellowships 2023 provide an incredible opportunity for women from around the world to pursue their graduate studies in the United States. These highly competitive fellowships offer financial support and professional development opportunities to help recipients achieve their academic and career goals.
If you meet the eligibility criteria, we strongly encourage you to apply and take advantage of this unique opportunity. The application process is highly selective, so be sure to read and follow the instructions carefully and submit all required documents before the deadline.
We wish all applicants the best of luck in their pursuit of academic excellence and professional success.
- What is the deadline for the AAUW International Fellowships 2023 application?
- The deadline for submitting the application and supporting documents is November 15, 2022.
- What are the eligibility criteria for the AAUW International Fellowships 2023?
- Applicants must be women who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents, have earned an academic degree equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree, intend to devote themselves full-time to the proposed academic plan, and intend to return to their home country to pursue a professional career after completing the proposed study. They must also be proficient in English and enrolled in an accredited U.S. institution pursuing a full-time graduate degree program or independent research for an academic year.
- How much funding do the AAUW International Fellowships 2023 provide?
- The fellowships provide funding ranging from $18,000 to $30,000 per academic year for tuition, fees, books, living expenses, and travel to professional conferences, seminars, or meetings.
- When will applicants be notified of their status for the AAUW International Fellowships 2023?
- All applicants will be notified of their status by April 15, 2023.
- What are the benefits of the AAUW International Fellowships 2023?
- The benefits include financial support for full-time graduate study in the United States and access to a network of AAUW alumni, leadership and professional development programs, and opportunities to attend AAUW events and conferences.
We hope this article has provided you with valuable information about the AAUW International Fellowships 2023 and encouraged you to consider applying. These fellowships have the potential to be a life-changing opportunity for women pursuing graduate studies and seeking to advance their academic and professional careers.
Remember to carefully review the eligibility criteria and instructions before submitting your application. Use the tips and resources provided by AAUW to ensure that your application stands out and showcases your strengths and achievements.
We wish you the best of luck in your application and hope that you seize this opportunity to pursue your dreams and make a positive impact in your field of study and beyond.